The fifth iteration of India’s most loved scooter was unveiled at the 2018 Auto Expo, with some minor design enhances and few useful features. Prices begin at Rs 52,460 (ex-showroom, Delhi) for the Standard variant.We list down the six changes made to the Honda Activa 5G.
1. New Deluxe Variant: The new Honda Activa 5G is offered in two versions – the base Standard variant and the top-end Deluxe trim with a host of new features. Many of these have been borrowed from the newly launched Honda Grazia. The Activa Deluxe is priced at Rs 54,325 (ex-showroom, Delhi) which is about Rs 2,000 over the Standard variant.
2. All-new instrument cluster: The Honda Activa 5G Deluxe variant sports a new digital-analogue instrument console which will offer a variety of information. This includes ‘Eco’ speed indicator and even a service due alert.
3. Styling tweaked: The Activa 5G carries forward the Activa 3G and 4G scooter design but the 2018 version gets a few minor styling updates. This includes a few chrome highlights, a new exhaust cover, and a redesigned headlight which is all-LED and sports segment-first Day-time Running Lights (DRLs).
4. More Equipment: To improve the value-for-money proposition the 2018 Activa offers a few convenient features which include a front hook, four-in-one lock with seat opener switch and retractable rear hook.
5. New Colours: Adding some zing to the Honda Activa are a couple of funky new colours such as the Dazzle Yellow Metallic shade which was displayed at the Auto Expo and a new Pearl Spartan Red.
6. Engine: There are no mechanical changes, as the popular 109.19 cc petrol engine continues to power the Activa 5G, and is capable of 8 PS and peak torque of 8.94 Nm.
7. Suspension: Although many were expecting a suspension upgraded to telescopic fork, but for now the Activa continues to be sprung with basic rear-link suspension.
Sarmad Kadiri – who has written 46 posts on Bike India.
2014 Yamaha YZF-R6 breaks cover
Kawasaki Ninja 250 Superlight out!
Shark launch the SKWAL helmet
FILED UNDER: LATEST NEWS, NEW BIKE LAUNCHES, NEWSTAGGED WITH: 2018, 5G, ACTIVA, AUTO EXPO, BIKE, HONDA, INDIA, LAUNCH, NEW, PICS, PRICE SPECS, SCOOTER, SPECS, UNVEIL
- #AutoExpo2018 Highlights From India’s Biggest Automotive Showcase says:February 14, 2018 at 12:46 pm
- 12 New Scooters to be Launched in India in 2018 - Bike India says:August 9, 2018 at 12:13 pm
[…] Among the other models that received a makeover was the Honda Activa, now called the Activa 5G. All you need to know about it, right here. […]
[…] 1. 2018 Honda Activa 110 The Activa has completely transformed how people commute in our country. Every month about 2 lakh Activa are sold across India, making the scooter one of the bestselling two-wheelers in our country. The current 4G version was launched in the beginning of 2017 and it’s time for the yearly update. Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India should be introducing the 2018 version of Activa with additional features and mild styling upgrade. The 2018 Activa 110 5G will continue to sport a bottom-link-suspensionin front, though we were expecting it to get telescopic front fork as seen on the Activa 125. We don’t expect any changes to the 110-cc motor. (Also read: Honda Activa 5G launched) […]